You are invited to submit presentations, lectures and workshops for the upcoming three-day event “What is Radical Film”.
The Radical Film Network Meeting, which will take place from 2nd – 5th May 2019 in Berlin’s Silent Green Kulturquartier will focus on artistic/creative and political/ethical positions within the global radical film cultures and video activism movements.
We welcome contributions from individuals and communities both inside and outside academia, from artists, activists, filmmakers, researchers, scientists and others, looking for answers to the question: “What is radical film?“
Interested participates are invited to submit one proposal in following format:
- Short lecture, film- or project presentation (6 min 40 s Pecha Kucha style)
- Lecture, film- or project presentation (max. 25 min)
- Workshop (max. 2.5 hours)
Contributions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Video activism, Counter Cinema, Counter Publicity and Radical Film;
- Radical film as an artistic strategy;
- Forms of radical film activism and political agitation;
- Political filmmaking and ethical issues;
- Radical film cultures and future orientation(s);
- Creativity and innovation in radical film cultures;
- Radical aesthetics and politics;
- Global radical film cultures;
- Questions of inclusion/exclusion in radical film cultures;
- Collaborative and participative practices in radical film cultures;
- (Self)representation, identity and privacy in radical film cultures;
- Radical films and their distribution with digital technologies;
Proposals should be kept to a maximum of 1 page (lectures and presentations), or 2 pages (workshop), and can be sent in either English or German to: email@example.com
Deadline for submissions: 28th February 2019
Limited funds to cover expenses for lecturers, presenters and workshop leaders will be provided. Participants who do not reside in Berlin are eligible to apply for a travel and accommodation grant.
The event will be held in English. Programme details will be announced in due course.
Please send any enquiries to the above address.